Reimagine Re-Entry: Tech Careers After Incarceration
Our CEO, Zo Orchingwa, shares Ameelio's work from the stage of Unfinished Live 2022. View the original post here.
The tech industry offers a unique pathway for individuals who are formerly incarcerated to obtain skilled, upwardly mobile careers. More than 15 major companies have formally committed to hire returning people and share their experiences with others. In this panel, we’ll hear first-hand experiences of those entering the sector, learn about pioneering strategies from social innovators who are working to diversify the tech industry, and understand how we can all play a part.
- Samra Haider: President, Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO)
- Van Jones: Host, CNN; Founder, Dream.Org
- Kenyatta Leal: Executive Director, Next Chapter
- Zo Orchingwa: CEO, Ameelio
- Deepti Rohatgi: Executive Director & Founder, Slack for Good
Topics: Civil Liberties, Ethics, Privacy, Web3 and Justice